Saturday, March 29, 2008

Warehouse with Illegal Chinese Fireworks Explodes



Andrew:


This week Jamie and I were swimming at the pool at our place (for exercise) before work, when I noticed black smoke coming from what looked like our building. My first thought was "#$@!, I left the iron/alarm clock/cell phone charger on and the house is buring. I should have listened to my grandmother's fears more."
We rushed back home to see a massive plume of smoke coming from what looked like the Dubai Cement factory. You could hear strange crackling noises in the distance.
Turns out the fire was caused by an explosion at illegal warehouse for Chinese fireworks. Even though water is not easy to come by in Dubai, firefighters from all of the other emirates came to assisted in successfully downing the blaze.
Below is a photo from a local paper called Xpress.


1 comment:

Union Station said...

You still sticking with the beard? I think I might be going to Panama for the summer...